by Riverford Organic Farms – Veggie Hacks
Yields 2-3 Servings
- 2 green zucchinis
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp of olive oil per serving
- Optional: lightly sprinkle with SALT Sisters Florida Citrus Sunrise Seasoning or salt and pepper
- 1 Cut your garlic clove lengthwise and rub the sides of a clean bowl with garlic. Set it aside.
- 2 Using a peeler, create long ribbons of the two green and one yellow zucchini. The yellow zucchini could be seedy so just go to the core and then stop. After every two or three peels, turn your vegetable so you get beautiful long ribbons without seeds.
- 3 Add to the bowl that you rubbed the garlic on.
- 4 Optional step - If you like a stronger garlic taste, you can mince garlic and add it to the zucchini ribbons.
- 5 Right before you are ready to serve: Toss the zucchini ribbons with one teaspoon of olive oil and squeeze a small amount of lemon juice over salad.
- 6 Optional: Lightly sprinkle with SALT Sisters Florida Citrus Sunrise Seasoning or salt and pepper.