Yields 2 Servings
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 cups of yellow squash, red and green peppers, and onion, diced (or confetti veggies of your choice)
- 1 can roasted tomatoes
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella or vegan cheese (optional)
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- parsley & scallions for garnish
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400°F
- 2 Slice the eggplant in circles about 1/4 - 1/3 inches thick
- 3 Brush or rub a little olive oil on each side of the eggplant slices and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a baking stone.
- 4 Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven for 7-10 minutes, or until eggplant is hot and starting to cook down.
- 5 Meanwhile in a pan add 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil and sauté the garlic, roasted tomatoes, confetti veggies and onion until soft (about 5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper.
- 6 Remove the eggplant slices from the oven, top each with the confetti veggies and tomatoes mixture.
- 7 Sprinkle with cheese (optional- can be mazzorella or vegan). Place in the oven for approximately 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- 8 Garnish with parsley and scallions.
- 9 Serve immediately with crushed red pepper (optional).